Monday, September 3, 2012

The 2012 NFL Season: It's Going to be a Super Season for the Packers

Is there anything better than the excitement felt when the NFL season is upon us? Sure, the birth of a child, your wedding day, and realizing the cop who pulled you over doing 70 in a 50 mile per hour zone isn't going to show at your court date come to mind. But, they all pale in comparison to the joy that bubbles up from the thought of watching the perfect execution of the zone stretch, destroying your friends in fantasy football, and Faith Hill in that tight leather outfit singing the theme to Sunday Night Football. Ahhhh, life is good again.
 
I can't remember an offseason as tumultuous as this past one. Between the "Bounty Scandel" (which I promise not to bring up again),Peyton Manning signing with Denver and being replaced by the most pro-ready quarterback I've ever seen in Indianapolis, the lockout of the NFL referees, and everyone still wondering how the 15-1 Packers were one and done in the playoffs, it's been pretty interesting to say the least. I'm just glad the labor dispute was resolved last offseason or we might be watching the public execution of Roger Goodell on Wednesday, instead of the Giants and Cowboys square off in the 2012 opener.
 
I'm always amazed at how, even when I do well with team records and playoff prognostications, the word "suck" does not even come close to describing my predictions for the season awards. Two years ago, I correctly predicted the Packers beating the Steelers in the Super Bowl, but I tabbed Mike Singletary to win Coach of the Year. Granted, I was only one year off on the head man for the 49ers winning the award, but Singletary's performance led me to wear a bag over my head for six months. Anyway, I'll still throw this worthless opinion of who I see is the best of the best. I think the MVP will go to Aaron Rodgers again, with Tom Brady taking home the Offensive Player of the Year. The defensive equivalent will go to Patrick Willis. The Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year willl go to Andrew Luck and Luke Kuechly, respectively. For Coach of the Year, I like Tom Coughlin. The Giants will win the division, but in a season with great coaching performances, I think he gets it as a "lifetime achievement award" kind of thing.
 
As for the rest of how the season plays out, take a look below and feel free to let me know what you think. Please try to keep the profanity to a minimum.
 
WLWL
AFC EastNFC East
New England133New York Giants124
Buffalo97Philadelphia115
New York Jets79Dallas88
Miami214Washington511
AFC NorthNFC North
Pittsburgh115Green Bay133
Baltimore115Chicago115
Cincinnati88Detroit106
Cleveland313Minnesota313
AFC SouthNFC South
Houston115New Orleans106
Tennessee97Atlanta106
Jacksonville412Carolina88
Indianapolis412Tampa Bay412
AFC WestNFC West
Kansas City115San Francisco115
Denver106Seattle88
San Diego97Arizona412
Oakland412St. Louis214


Wild Card Round

Houston over Denver
Baltimore over Kansas City


New Orleans over Chicago
Philadelphia over San Francisco


Divisional Round

New England over Baltimore
Houston over Pittsburgh


Green Bay over New Orleans
New York Giants over Philadelphia


Conference Championships

New England over Houston
Green Bay over New York Giants


Super Bowl

Green Bay over New England

No comments:

Post a Comment